Griddled seitan and yogurt and cucumber salad with mustard
Recipe from “The Soy Zone”, by Barry Sears, Sperling & Kupfer Editori
|Zest from half a lemon
|Extra virgin olive oil
|Salt and pepper
- Peel the cucumbers, cut them in half lengthways and remove the seeds.
- Cut them into half circles, put them in a bowl and salt them.
- Wait 10 minutes then rinse them under running water (they will have lost their bitterness and will be easier to digest). Dry them well.
- Peel the onions and julienne them finely.
- Put them in a bowl, add plenty of salt and leave them in marinade for at least one hour. Rinse them under running water, squeeze them and dry them well.
- Prepare the sauce by pouring the yogurt into a bowl and adding the mustard, oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Mix the onions and cucumber, dress with the yogurt and mustard sauce.
- Heat a griddle or a metal frying pan well. Slice the seitan and roast it.
- Serve the roasted seitan with the cucumber and yogurt salad.